Being in college & on a budget has been another factor impacting my want to live minimally. As my love for makeup has grown, my collection has also needed the upgrade. I’m not only limited with a budget but also purchasing cruelty free products. I set my limit at $40, grabbed my list, & headed out!
My first stop was my local Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart’s in my area added e.l.f. cosmetics to their makeup departments at the end of last summer. Before I could only get them from Target & Marshall’s before. Wet n Wild is my second go-to brand at Wal-Mart, I actually just recently found out they were cruelty free & I have heard amazing things about a lot of their products. FLOWER by Drew Barrymore is my third go-to & a Wal-Mart exclusive, however I didn’t pick up any of her products on this trip.
What I got:
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contour Palette // Dulce de Leche // $3.93
- Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color // French White Crème // $0.93
- e.l.f. cosmetics Blending Eye Brush // $1.00
- e.l.f. cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush // $1.00
- e.l.f. cosmetics Concealer Brush // $1.00
Grand Total: $7.86
I had a $10 giftcard curtsey of Ebates for being a new customer, so of course I used it! Highly recommend using Ebates, it’s a great way to find coupons & save money on products you love.*
*This post is not sponsored by Ebates, I just thought they deserved an honorable mention. 😊
The next stop was one of my favorite places on Earth, Target. Target carries one of my favorite cruelty free brands, NYX. They carry many great dupes for high end products. They also have a magnificent selection of e.l.f.’s brushes. Target’s makeup section is downright dangerous – I could have easily doubled my budget, but I persistently stuck to my guns.
What I got:
- NYX Tea Tree Primer // $11.99
- l.f. cosmetics Small Tapered Brush // $4.00
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray // $4.99
Grand Total: $20.98
For the last month, I have been actively searching for Wet n Wild’s new vegan brushes. Living in downtown Pittsburgh & without a car, I was limited to only checking CVS & Rite Aid who carried only 3 of the brushes – none of them being the ones I needed. Truthfully, these brushes were a big inspiration to my haul & clearly, I did not find them on my Wal-Mart & Target trips. Good news is, their web site had the entire collection in stock & I got exactly what I wanted.
What I got:
- Wet n Wild Blush Brush // $2.99
- Wet n Wild Flat Top Brush // $2.99
- Wet n Wild Contour Brush // $2.99
- Wet n Wild Crease Brush // $0.99
- Wet n Wild Small Eyeshadow Brush // $0.99
- Shipping cost // $5.94 – Couldn’t find any coupons sadly 😦
Grand Total: $14.89
Total overall: $35.78
Without the shipping from Wet n Wild & giftcard: $37.79
Very happy that I stayed under my budget & got a lot of products that I needed (wanted). Can’t wait for more hauls in the future! ♡